1) What will happen if humans do not drink?
2) Study the information below.
Sunlight, water, air
Which of the following has the above basic needs?
A) Daisy Plant
3) Study theinformation below.
If can be found in a village.
The root is made of palm leaves of zinc.
The wall is made of stilt or wood.
What type of house does the above information refer to?
C) Terrace house
4) Which of thefollowing objects need water to stay alive?
S-Cat T-Grass U-Doll V-Baby girl
A) S and T only
B) U and V only
C) S, T and V only
D) T, U and V only
5) What do animalsneed to breathe?
1) Diagram 1 shows two animals, X and Y.
Which of the following can be classified into the same categories as X and Y according to how they breathe?
A) Crocodile Bird
B) Tiger Frog
C) Leech Cockroach
D) Cockroach Cat
2) Diagram 2 shows a living process carried out by animals.
What do animals excrete when they breathe cat as shown in the diagram?
A) Sweat and urine
B) Faeces and urine
C) Sweat and carbon dioxide
D) Water and carbon dioxide
3) An animal has the following characteristics:
- It lives on land and in water
- It lays many eggs in the water
- It breathes through gills and lungs at different stages in its life cycle.
A) lizard C) fish
B) frog D) mosquito
4) Diagram 3 shows the life cycle of an animal.
Which animals undergo the life cycle shown in the diagram?
K - A bee M - A mosquito
L - A grasshopper N - A dragonfly
A) K and M only C) L and M only
B) K and N only D) L and N only
5) Which young do not look like their parents?
W - Tadpole Y - Chick
X - Lion cub Z - Caterpillar
A) W and Y only C) X and Y only
B) W and Z only D) X and Z only
6) Diagram 4 shows four types of flowering plants.
K - ginger L - onion
M - water lily N - tapioca
Which plants reproduce through underground stems?
A) K and L only C) M and N only
B) L and M only D) K, L and M only
7) What will happen if plants do not reproduce?
A) Animals will grow at a faster rate.
B) The temperature on Earth decreases.
C) There will be no food supply for humans and animals.
D) The population of plants on Earth increases.
8) Diagram 5 shows a young plants growing at the edge of a leaf.
Which plants reproduce in a similar way as the plant shown in the diagram?
P - Pineapple Q - Aloe vera
R - Begonia S - Bougainvillaea
A) P and Q only C) Q and R only
B) P ans S only D) R and S only
1) Diagram 1 shows an animal.
How does the animals in Diagram 1 protect itself from its enemies?
a) hides in holes c) releases black ink
b) lives in groups d) gives off a bad smell
2) The following information refers to animal Y.
- I live together with other animals in a herd.
- I use my horns to attack my enemies.
a) A whale c) An elephant
b) A buffalo d) A fox
3) Diagram 2 shows an animal.
Which protective characteristics does the animal have?
I Sharp talons III Sharp eyesight
II A strong beak IV Poisonous stings
a) I and III only c) I, II and III only
b) II and IV only d) I, II, III and IV
4) Why does a rhinoceros wallow in a mud hole?
a) To look for food
b) To clean its body
c) To hide itself from its enemies
d) To keep its body cool
5) Diagram 3 shows two types of plants.
Animals which go near the plants can be injuired because __________________.
a) they have sharp thorns on their stems and leaves
b) they have fine hairs on their stems
c) they produce latex in their stems
d) they can cause itchiness
6) Diagram 4 shows the fruit of a plant.
How does the plant prevent its fruit from being eaten?
a) It produces thorny fruit.
b) It produces poisonous fruit.
c) It produces fruit with fine hairs.
d) It produces latex in its fruit.
7) The following information refers to P.
- I am very colourful.
- I produce poisonous substances to keep away my enemies.
a) A sugar cane c) A yam plant
b) A poisonous mushroom d) A banana tree
8) Diagram 5 shows a habitat.
Which living things have the adaptations to survive in this habitat?
I A desert fox III A cactus plant
II A penguin IV A camel
a) I and II only c) I, II and III only
b) I, III and IV only d) II, III and IV only
1) Diagram 1 shows an object.
Which properties about the material make it suitable as a raincoat?
I Absorbs water
III Durable ( long-lasting)
a) I and III b) II and IV
c) I, II and III d) II, III and IV
2) What is man-made material?
a) Material that can be reused
b) Material that can be recycled
c) Material made from chemicals
d) Material made from plants, animals and soil
3) Plants are important natural resources on Earth. Which object is not made
a) A newspaper b) A silk tie
c) A cotton dress d) A tyre
4) Diagram 2 shows three objects, R, S and T.
Which is true of the objects?
5) Amin uses a towel to dry his body after taking bath. What properties
of the towel make is suitable for that purpose?
a) Thick and stretchable b) Soft and reusable
c) Light and waterproof d) Thick and absorbent
6) Which objects can ne reused?
W - Old glass bottles Y - Shoe boxes
X - A broken chai Z - Old tyres
a) W and Y b) W, Y and Z
c) W, X and Z d) X, Y and Z