Conductors and Insulators Of Electricity
1) Materials that conduct electricity are called conductors of electricity.
2) Metals such as copper, aluminium, iron, steel and zinc are good
conductors of electricity.
A iron paper clip is made of iron. The bulb
lights up because electricity flows through
the circuit. Iron is a conductors of electricity.
The wires are made of copper, a good
conductor of electricity.
3) Materials that do not conduct electricity are called insulators.
4) Plastic materials, wood, rubber, leather, glass and cloth are insulators.
The material covering the wires is an insulator.
Electricity cannot flow through it.
Conductors and Insulators Of Heat
1) Metals are also good heat conductors.
2) A good conductor of heat is also a good conductor of electricity.
3) Materials that do not conduct heat are called heat insulators.
4) Plastic materials, wood, glass, laether, rubber and cloth are also good
Cooking utensils and electric appliances are made from
metals such as iron and steel because they are good
Handles of woks and ladles are made from plastic
or wood because they are good heat insulators. Users
can then hold the utensils without being burned.